Equipment in the Dissidia Series is split into four types - Weapons, Hand Armor, Head Armor, and Body Armor. All Equipment are further broken down into five catagories - Level 1, 30, 60, 90 and 100 equipment, meaning that a character has to be this level or higher to equip.
For the full Weapon list see here - List of Dissidia Weapons
For the full Armor list see here - List of Dissidia Armor
Various characters can equip different combinations of equipment.
These appeared in the original Dissidia and Dissidia 012.
- Dictates a character's ATK stat. Often had additional effects determining damage modifers.
- Includes: Swords, Daggers, Greatswords, Katanas, Spears, Axes, Rods, Staves, Thrown Weapons, Grappling Weapons, Instruments, Guns, and Poles
- Dictates a character's DEF stat. Additional effects deal with defense modifiers and counters
- Includes: Parrying Weapons, Shields, Bangles, Gauntlets, and Large Shields
- Dictates a character's BRV stat. Additional effects tended to reflect on Brave boosts or recovery.
- Includes: Hats, Hairpins, Helms, Headbands, and Ribbons
- Dictates a character's HP stat. Often had additional effects determining added defenses against chases, wall rushes and traps.
- Includes: Clothing, Robes, Light Armor, Heavy Armor, and Chestplates
Among these Groups are special exclusive sets that require special conditions to equip and do not officially belong to any group:
- Machines - Requires a special ability to equip. (no character can automatically equip Machines)
- 'Special' Equipment - Equipment that can be equipped by anyone
- Character Exclusives - All Characters have exclusive weapons and characters such as Gabranth, Cecil and Feral Chaos also have exclusive armor.
- Female Exclusive Equipment - Female characters + Cloud and Kefka ('Cross-dressers')
Created Sets include: Bows, Hammers, and Books
Created Sets include: Bracers and Rings
Created Sets include: Light Helms and Crowns